CREAMY LOBSTER CAULIFLOWER PASTA
Creamy Lobster Cauliflower Pasta
By Lauren Gibson, Culinary Director at Luke's Lobster
1 package (8 oz) Luke's Lobster meat, thawed in the refrigerator
1 lb pasta (any type)
½ cup chopped walnuts (can substitute almonds, hazelnuts, pecans)
1/3 cup breadcrumbs (or stale bread pulsed in a food processor)
1 tsp red chili flakes (or any pepper)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, sliced
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 head cauliflower, copped into bite-size pieces
1 cup grated Pecorino or Parmigiano Reggiano
Zest of 1 lemon
1 cup cream
- Toast walnuts, breadcrumbs, and chili flakes in a pan with 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- While your breadcrumb mixture is toasting, cook pasta in a pot with salted, boiling water following package instructions.
- Remove toasted breadcrumb mixture from pan, and add 2 Tbsp more olive oil. Add onion, garlic, cauliflower to pan.
- Cook vegetables, stirring occasionally, until cauliflower is browned and softened.
- Add cream to cauliflower mixture. Stir creamy cauliflower mixture, then add cooked pasta.
- Add two large ladles of pasta water from your pot to the creamy cauliflower mixture. Stir, and let sauce bubble a bit.
- Remove from heat. Add your grated cheese, lemon zest, and lobster to the pasta and stir until fully combined.
- Top pasta with toasted walnut breadcrumb mixture, and serve!