Miso Glazed Hake
Miso Glazed Hake (adapted from Nobu: The Cookbook)
1lb hake filet
2 Tbsp mirin
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup white miso
2 Tbsp sugar
- Thaw hake filet in the fridge about 16-24 hours before using.
- To make the glaze, combine mirin, vinegar, miso, and sugar into a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk constantly until sugar dissolves completely. Remove from heat and transfer glaze to a small bowl and let cool.
- Adjust your oven rack to be about 6 inches from the broiling heat source. Set your oven to broil.
- Coat a baking sheet lightly with neutral-tasting oil. Arrange fish filets on baking sheet and brush liberally with miso glaze. Broil until top of the fish browns and glaze starts to caramelize, about 3-4 minutes (watch it closely because this will depend on your oven’s broiling setting).
- Once the filet starts to brown, take it out, cover with foil, and lower the heat to the 400 degrees. Put the filets back in the oven for about 5-6 minutes to finish cooking.