JED MILLER’S FAVORITE LOBSTER STEW
40 pounds of Maine lobster (Yields 8-10 pounds of lobster meat-adjust according to the size of the gathering.)
3 gallons whole milk
2 quarts heavy cream
2 pints light cream butter (liberal amount
Fresh ground black pepper
1. Cook lobsters and pick meat out, straining and setting aside juice from lobsters as you pick them.
2. Sauté lobster meat and juice in butter, cooking it down.
3. Add fresh ground pepper.
4. Once cooked down, let meat cool all the way, then add cream and milk.
5. You can warm again, being careful not to overheat and curdle the milk.
6. Let cool and then stand overnight in refrigerator or cool place.
7. Reheat slowly, stirring so as not to curdle the milk, and do not allow to come to a boil.